At Pledgeling, we understand the need in our world is greater now more than ever. With this in mind, we strive to make it easy for you and your business to support nonprofits aligned with this month’s cause themes. While donating is just one role we can play, financially empowering these organizations is crucial to fueling their missions. We hope you join us in our #PledgeToDoGood today and onwards.
LGBTQ+ Pride Month takes place every June here in the U.S. to recognize the impact these communities have on the world. Look for Pride events taking place near you, and check out these incredible nonprofits working on the front lines to serve LGBTQ+ communities:
- The Trevor Project is the leading national organization focused on crisis and suicide prevention efforts among lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning youth. Everyday, The Trevor Project saves young lives through its free and confidential Lifeline, in-school workshops, educational materials, online resources, and advocacy.
- The Marsha P. Johnson Institute protects and defends the human rights of Black transgender people through organizing, advocating, creating an international community to heal, developing transformative leadership, and promoting collective power.
- Elton John AIDS Foundation works to achieve an AIDS-free generation through innovative HIV prevention programs, efforts to eliminate stigma and discrimination associated with HIV/AIDS, and provide direct treatment, care, and support services for people living with HIV/AIDS, nation-wide, and internationally.
June is a special month of recognition for our earth. June 5th is World Environment Day, June 8th is World Oceans Day, and June 22nd is World Rainforest Day. Join us in supporting the following nonprofits this month and year round!
- One Tree Planted work towards global reforestation by planting millions of trees with its global partners and local communities. $1 = 1 tree through their global reforestation and tree-planting programs.
- World Wildlife Fund mission is the conservation of nature. They work to preserve the diversity of life on Earth and the health of ecological systems by protecting natural areas and wild populations of plants and animals, including endangered species.
- SeaTrees is on a mission to regenerate ocean health globally. They support blue carbon projects, which are projects focused on regenerating coastal ecosystems by drawing carbon from the air, increasing biodiversity, creating jobs and sustainable communities.
In light of the Black Lives Matter movement, we are committed to making it easy for anyone and any business to raise funds for nonprofits committed to social justice and equality for all. Below are a few nonprofits to support aligned with this movement. For a more comprehensive list of 20+ organizations fighting for racial and social justice, please visit this link.
- Black Lives Matter is a global organization with a mission to eradicate white supremacy and build local power to intervene in violence inflicted on Black communities.
- Equal Justice Initiative litigates on behalf of death row prisoners, juveniles, people wrongly convicted or charged with violent crimes, poor people denied effective legal representation, and others whose trials are marked by racial bias or prosecutorial misconduct.
- NAACP has a mission to secure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights in order to eliminate race-based discrimination and ensure the health and well-being of all persons.
The Coronavirus / COVID-19 global pandemic generates an ongoing need to support recovery programs, research efforts, and first responders who are on the frontlines. For recommendations of nonprofits to support, check out the list below and visit this link for more.
- Direct Relief is equipping doctors and nurses with life-saving medical resources to care for the world's most vulnerable people. Since January, Direct Relief has delivered more than 4 million N95 and surgical masks, more than 2 million gloves, and tens of thousands of protective suits and other items to help safeguard health workers.
- CDC Foundation is working to expand testing and data capabilities to better prevent, detect, and respond to COVID-19. Established by Congress, the CDC Foundation helps the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention do more, faster by forging effective partnerships between CDC and corporations, foundations, organizations and individuals to fight threats to health and safety.
- Feeding America, the nation’s largest domestic hunger-relief organization, established the COVID-19 Response Fund, which enables food banks to secure the resources they need to serve the most vulnerable.